Places of interest:
• Grand Palaces – The former residence of the royal Siamese court
• Wat PO – Temple of the Reclining Buddha
• Wat Trimitr – Temple of the Golden Buddha
• Klongs – Simple stilt houses line Bangkok’s klongs or canals
• Jim Thompson House – Six teak buildings with a facet of traditional Thai architecture
• Vimanmek Royal Mansion – The largest golden teakwood building in the world
• Wat Pra Keo – one of Buddhism’s most magnificent monasteries and one of the most celebrated sites in Thailand
• The National Museum – the largest museum in Southeast Asia and a part of the Grand Palace
Taxis are available pierside and throughout the downtown area.
November to April is the wonderful cruise season. In this time, Bangkok has some rain fall, but the warm climate would not make you mind it too much. It is up to you to travel the country or stay at beach.